Sunday, May 17, 2009

My First Post

Hi everyone!

I was looking through several different blogs and this particular blog got me thinking. Josh Bruffey's blog - Heart-Full, Mind-Full http://mindfullheartfull.blogspot.com/ has several wonderful blogs that were actually topics of conversations I've had within recent months. I thought it was interesting how these things happened to coincide.

Today I returned home from Camp Caraway, where we had our annual Deaf Youth Retreat. This weekend was a true blessing, as it always has been, and today, I realized that there are so many tools in our world that we don't use. Blogs are one of them. Proverbs 27:17 says "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." After reading Josh's blog, I actually was "chain-linking" through so many different blogs and I was so into reading other people's thoughts and views on different things. A great blog I just read discusses the Easter Bunny and how it distracts people from the true purpose of Easter. I'm rambling. I think you will notice this as I continue to post. :)

Anyway, back on track, I decided that it would be good to have a place where I can channel things I've learned, receive feedback and thoughts from others to help enrich my contribution to God's kingdom. He has blessed me so much and I'm excited about this "endeavor" (if you will call it that...?).

My email is grippedbyhisgrace@gmail.com so if you will update this and share this blog with everyone. I truly look forward to sharing this with everyone and hearing your views on whatever we may discuss in the future.

-Frank

P.S. I'll be posting another blog soon about myself, my family -- my beautiful wife, Alicia and our new baby girl, Natalie. I'll have to see how to post pictures of us.

3 comments:

  1. Whoo! First post! I look forward to see more of your stories in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brother! Welcome to blog-land! You'll have a good time. It's pretty addictive! I'm glad you've decided to keep a blog! I look forward to all the things the Lord puts upon your heart to share!

    Thanks for reading my blog! I'll try and send a few readers your way!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brother, just checking in on ya. Hope all is well. You a dad now?????

    ReplyDelete